Friday, May 25, 2012

Almost finished taking out all the stitches on the third quilt that I had on my longarm. It has been hard for me to get back down to business and start thinking about what I'm going to try next.
The first two quilts were done with Aurofil thread and the tension was fine. I'm going back to Aurofil. When I was in Paducah I asked at thread booths what longarmers use and I bought some 100% polyester on a cone and some stronger cotton thread.
Maybe when I get better at this longarming I can go with other threads.
I'm debating about putting just a big muslin sandwich on the machine and practice, practice , practise.

2 comments:

  1. I'd definitely go with the muslin practice sandwich. That way you won't be so frustrated with any mistakes. You can always cut up the parts you like and make pillows or bags. I made a cute iPad zippered case out of practice sandwiches. I'm quilting on sewing machine, so I know there's a difference, but I find it almost meditative quilting designs on a practice sandwich.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I've been wondering if anyone is reading my blog. For me it's kind of a journal to keep track of my progress.
      I'm going to take your advice and do a muslin sandwich!!!

      Delete